Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Minister – Right or Wrong






I have a minister. Time was when he was a good minister. I pronounced him great. This I did because I liked him.

His sermons were wonderful – as long as I liked him.

His speech was passing fair – as long as I liked him.

He was a hard worker – as long as I liked him.

He was the man for the job – as long as I liked him.

In fact, I was strong for him – as long as I liked him.


But my minister offended me one day.  Whether he knew it or not, I do not know. Since that day my minister has ceased to be a good minister – he is just an ordinary one.


His sermons are not so wonderful – since he offended me.

His speech is of no account – since he offended me.

His faults are more prominent - since he offended me.

He is not hard worker – since he offended me.

He is not the man for the job – since he offended me.

In fact, I’m trying to oust him – since he offended me.


Many times our estimate of a minister is to determined in a large measure by personal likes or dislikes. Individual feeling, whether we realize it or not, colour our judgment. Liking a minister, we like his work. Disliking a minister be cannot please us. God help us to rise above the little petty things, and see men and issues in their clear light!!!
                                                                    copy


 Pray for you Pastor daily.


1 comment:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

My minister is not wrong as long as he is preaching scripture. Now, just as the rest of us, when he's not preaching he might make an error or two. Thankfully, he is forgiving when I do so, too. Fortunately, he's not yet perfect, and understands that his congregation isn't there yet, either.