Saturday, January 31, 2009
This is a true axiom. As one of our American millionaires was dying, his heirs waited outside his room. When the doctor and lawyer finally came out, they eagerly asked, "How much did he leave?" And the lawyer said, "He left everything. He didn't take anything with him." We come into the world empty-handed, and that is the way we leave it. This is the reason a child of God ought to be using his money for the work of God. I believe that making a will is fine, but it is often much abused. As someone has rhymed it,
Do your givin'
While you're livin'.
Then you're knowin'
Where it's goin'.
A child of God should make sure that he is supporting the work of God in some way.
J. V. Magee
Friday, January 30, 2009
From Cold Lake, AB
(This was written by an elderly man in our church. He and his wife have been married for about 44 years and are great fun.)
It is important for men to remember that as women grow older it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping they did when they were younger. When men notice this, they should try not to yell. Let me relate how I handle the situation.
When I sold the ranch and took an early retirement a year ago, it became necessary for Lorraine to get a full-time job both for extra income and for Health Insurance Benefits that we need. She was fortunate to land a job with First Nations at Island Lake.
It was shortly after she started working at this job that I noticed that she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from drinking coffee or curling about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says that she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts supper. I try not to yell at her when this happens. Instead, I tell her to take her time. I understand that she is not as young as she used to be. I just tell her to wake me when she finally does get supper on the table.
She used to wash and dry the dishes as soon as we finished eating. It is now not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after supper. I do what I can by reminding her several times each evening that they aren’t cleaning themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help her get them done before she goes to bed.
Our washer and dryer are in the basement. When she was younger, Lorraine used to be able to go up and down the stairs all day and not get tired. Now that she is older she seems to get tired so much more quickly. Sometimes she says she just can’t make another trip down those steps. I don’t make a big issue of this. As long as she finishes up the laundry the next evening I am willing to overlook it.
Not only that, but unless I need something ironed to wear to the Monday Victims Service meeting or to Wednesday’s or Saturday’s coffee shop or to Tuesday’s or Thursday’s curling or something like that, I will tell her to wait until the next evening to do the ironing. This gives her a little more time to do some of those odds and ends like shampooing the dog, vacuuming or dusting. Also, if I have had a really good day fishing, this allows her to gut and scale the fish at a more leisurely pace.
Lorraine is starting to complain a little occasionally. Not often mind you, but just enough for me to notice. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. In spite of her complaining, I continue to try to offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won’t have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn’t hurt her any, if you know what I mean.
When doing simple jobs she seems to think she needs more rest periods than she used to have to take. A couple of weeks ago she said she had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard.
I overlook comments like these because I realize it’s just age talking. In fact, I try to not embarrass her when she needs these little extra rest breaks. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. I tell her that as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me and take her break by the hammock so she can talk with me until I fall asleep.
I could go on and on, but I think you know where I’m coming from.
I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Lorraine on a daily basis. I’m not saying that the ability to show this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. No one knows better than I do how frustrating women can become as they get older. My purpose in writing this is simply to suggest that you make the effort. I realize that achieving the exemplary level of showing consideration I have attained is out of reach for the average man. However guys, even if you just yell at your wife a little less often because of this article, I consider that writing it was worthwhile.
Jim Torgersen - 1996
No one believes seniors . . . everyone thinks they are senile.
An Elderly couple was celebrating their sixtieth anniversary. The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their old neighborhood after they retired.
Holding hands they walked back to their old school.
It was not locked, so they entered, and found the old desk they'd shared, where Andy had carved 'I love you, Sally.'
On their way back home, a bag of money fell out of an armored car, practically landing at their feet Sally quickly picked it up, but not sure what to do with it, they took it home. There, she counted the money-- fifty-thousand dollars.
Andy said, 'We've got to give it back.'
Sally said, 'Finders keepers.' She put the money back in the bag and hid it in their attic.
The next day, two FBI men were canvassing the neighborhood looking for the money, and knocked on the door.
'Pardon me, but did either of you find a bag that fell out of an armored car yesterday?'
Sally said, 'No.'
Andy said, 'She's lying. She hid it up in the attic.'
Sally said, 'Don't believe him, he's getting senile.'
The agents turn to Andy and began to question him.
One says: 'Tell us the story from the beginning'
Andy said, 'Well, when Sally and I were walking home from school yesterday . '
The first FBI guy turns to his partner and says, 'We're outta here.'
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
During the U.S presidential campaign, Barack Obama’s handlers vigourously pointed out his Christian faith whenever the misconception arose he may be Muslim (even though the politically correct response should have been his religion doesn’t matter).
The handlers also roundly denounced any conservative commentator who might mention (mischievously, admittedly) his Arabic middle name, Hussein.
They charged that such usage was "fear mongering."
Once elected, however, he personally insisted on his middle name being spoken at his swearing-in ceremony.
… it cost Abraham the yielding up of his only son,
… it cost Daniel to be cast into the den of lions,
… it cost Stephen death by stoning,
… it cost Peter a martyr’s death,
What will it cost you??
All the way my Savour leads me -
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy
Who through life has been my guide.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Many show no loyalty to their jobs.
Many really do not show loyalty to friends.
Many, as to their jobs, are as void of loyalty on the inside as frogs are void of feathers on the outside. Many, without loyalty to wedding hour obligations and sanctities, make perjury of their marriage vows.
And we know, as we have been told by those wiser by far than we, that people who are without loyalty are as worthless and undependable as
… houses without foundations,
… as ships without rudders,
… as unarmed soldiers in battle,
… as dishes with out food when the hungry are to be fed.
Thoughts from R G Lee
"Loyalty is one of the biggest words. It is big with meaning. It is a red-blooded and robust word. It stands for a big idea. It represents one of the finest qualities of character. Loyalty is one of the noblest sentiments with which one can be endowed. Loyalty is close kin to royalty. One who is loyal in conduct is royal in character. Loyalty manifest itself in every relationship of life. Loyalty, or the lack of it, may be found between husband and wife, between parent and child, between employer and employee. Between the citizen and his nation, between the church member and his church, between the Christian and his Christ.
One who regards the obligations of any relationship lightly is a light weight. Church members need to confer with themselves often concerning the warmth and strength of their church loyalty. If it is easy to excuse one’s self from the discharge of definite duties to the church it is because the fires of loyalty are burning low.
In the long ago when God’s people left Him and His house to follow after other systems and orders, they were called spiritual whoremongers and were said to have been married in spiritual adultery to those whom they followed. That is what God said in the long ago, I do not know what He would say now about those who give of their time, devotion and money to the clubs, to the lodge, to the theatre on Wednesday night or the golf links on Sunday morning in preference to the church of Christ.
The Christian who is loyal to his church above all other institutions is like the man who is loyal to his wife above all other women, and like the patriot who is loyal to his won flag above all other nations, and like the child who is loyal to his own father and mother above all other men and women."
Thoughts of M. E. Dobb
Loyalty To Christ -
From over hill and plain
There comes the signal strain,
‘This loyalty, loyalty, loyalty to Christ;
Its music rolls along,
The hills take up the song,
Of loyalty, loyalty, yes, loyalty to Christ.
On to victory! On to victory!
Cries our great Commander: On!
We’ll move at His command,
We’ll soon possess the land,
Thro’ loyalty, loyalty, yes, loyalty to Christ.
E. Taylor Cassel 1894 for Baptist Young People’s Union
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. I Corinthians 4:2
Sunday, January 25, 2009
We ask that you would remember to pray for our son, Andy.
After 16 months in Iraq, then four months in Germany he
once more has moved into harms way.
On Monday January 26, he flies out to Afghanistan.
For the next 6 months, Andrew will be at FOB Baylough.
From what I gathered from Googling FOB Baylough, Andy will be
with some 49 other soldier doing foot patrols in the
mountains looking for the Taliban.
If you would like to write Andy his mailing address -
2nd PLT, B Co 1-4 IN
APO AE 09355
Thanks for your prayers.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
C. H. Spurgeon:
"It is perfectly true that the work of salvation lies first and mainly in Jesus receiving sinners to himself, to pardon, to cleanse, to sanctify, to preserve, to make perfect; but, at the same time, the sinner also receives Christ; there is an act on the sinner’s part by which, being constrained by divine grace, he openeth his heart to the admission of Jesus Christ, and Jesus enters in, and thenceforth dwells in the heart, and reigns and rules there. To a gracious readiness of heart to entertain the friend who knocks at the door, we are brought by God the Holy Ghost, and then he sups with us and we with him." [sermon #669 — An Open Heart For a Great Saviour, Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, Vol 12, Year 1866, page 13, John 1:12-13]
In another sermon appeal, Spurgeon said —
"Oh I wish some of you would thus respond to my appeal this day! This thing is also from the Lord: it was he who gave me this message; it was he who brought you to hear it. Surely you will not be found fighting against God. Your heart is open to him; he sees the faintest desire that you have toward him. Breathe out your wish now, and say, 'My heart is before thee: take it.' " [sermon #2231 — An Urgent Request For an Immediate Answer, MTP Vol 37, Year 1891, page 599, Genesis 24:49]
Friday, January 23, 2009
Who will help me plant the wheat'? asked the Little Red Hen.
'Not I,' said the cow.
'Not I,' said the duck.
'Not I,' said the pig.
'Not I,' said the goose.
'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen, and so she did. The wheat grew very tall and ripened into golden grain.
'Who will help me reap my wheat?' asked the little red hen.
'Not I,' said the duck..
'Out of my classification,' said the pig.
'I'd lose my seniority,' said the cow.
'I'd lose my unemployment compensation,' said the goose.
'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen, and so she did.
At last it came time to bake the bread.
'Who will help me bake the bread?' asked the little red hen.
'That would be overtime for me,' said the cow.
'I'd lose my welfare benefits,' said the duck.
'I'm a dropout and never learned how,' said the pig.
'If I'm to be the only helper, that's discrimination,' said the goose.
'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen.
She baked five loaves and held them up for all of her neighbors to see. They wanted some and, in fact, demanded a share. But the little red hen said, 'No, I shall eat all five loaves.'
'Excess profits!' cried the cow. (Nancy Pelosi)
'Capitalist leech!' screamed the duck. (Barbara Boxer)
'I demand equal rights!' yelled the goose. (Jesse Jackson)
The pig just grunted in disdain. (Ted Kennedy)
And they all painted 'Unfair!' picket signs and marched around and around the little red hen, shouting obscenities.
Then the farmer (Obama) came. He said to the little red hen, "You must not be so greedy, Let's re-distribuite the wealth!"
'But I earned the bread,' said the little red hen.
'Exactly,' said Barack the farmer. 'That is what makes our free enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone in the barnyard can earn as much as he wants. But under our modern government regulations, the productive workers must divide the fruits of their labor with those who are lazy and idle.'
And they all lived happily ever after, including the little red hen, who smiled and clucked, 'I am grateful, for now I truly understand.'
But her neighbors became quite disappointed in her. She never again baked bread because she joined the 'party' and got her bread free. And all the Democrats smiled. 'Fairness' had been established.
Individual initiative had died, but nobody noticed; perhaps no one cared...so long as there was free bread that 'the rich' were paying for.
Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs.
Hillary got $8 million for hers.
That's $20 million for the memories from two people, who for eight years, repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't remember anything.
IS THIS A GREAT BARNYARD? OR WHAT?
Thursday, January 22, 2009
You will find a 17 page pdf course on modesty and it is free. jnh
We have added to our website the materials from my wife's course concerning modesty.
After the school year began we asked our students to write some comments about the school.
Below are some excerpts from the comments our three high school girls wrote concerning this course.
Our ﬁrst week in the Learning Centre - 2008
"I believe the biggest blessing for me is Mrs. Kirkland's "Ladies' Course."
I desire to learn about how I can be a God-honouring woman."
"The class that I like the most in this Christian School is the the Young
Ladies Class Mrs. Kirkland teaches. It is an inspiration to me because she can really relate to
circumstances that we are going through. We have only begun the introduction and I am already excited about the classes to come.
I have never been taught by Mrs. Kirkland but she lead my sister to the Lord, and now I understand why. When I ﬁrst heard about this
class I was interested but not excited but now I can't wait for the next class."
"What I have enjoyed most this week is Mrs. Kirkland's Ladies Course. I have learned that from the moment that someone sees you, the way you
talk, sit, walk, and look will give them an overall analysis about you. It is teaching me to see myself in someone else's perspective. Not only
am I learning about outward beauty but inward beauty as well."
If this material can be helpful to you please feel free to use it.
It is available on the "By The Book" page.
FairHavens Baptist Church
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I am a strong believer in the Second Coming of Christ, I am pre-trib and pre-mil no bones about it.
My first messaged I ever preach on a Wednesday Night in May of 1969 was "Here comes the Judge" a message on the Second Coming.
About eight years ago I received this email concerning the end times.
Where are we at in 2009, how many have come true or even close to being fulfilled.
TOP END TIME SIGNS AND WONDERS
I. Knowledge will increase (Daniel 12:4):
1) Intel recently built a computer that used a chip and ordinary components to perform a record one trillion transactions per second. (Portland, OR Sun Journal 12/17/96)
2) Micro-chips are being implanted in animals, special forces military personnel and soon ordinary citizens. Dubbed project L.U.C.I.D. the plan to implant citizens will combined with communications technology.
3) Cloning of mammals; scientists took brain tissue of a chicken embryo and gave the brain cells to a quail. They got a chicken that sings like a quail.
4) Torah codes that reveal the words Hitler, Auschwitz, Eichman, Holocaust, etc. were discovered a few years ago by Hebrew scholars in the Torah scriptures. Most recently it was revealed by Grant Jeffrey and Yacov Rambsel that Torah codes contain the name of Jesus (Yeshua) in several Messianic passages from Genesis to Malachi.
5) Microsoft the largest software company in the world bought the powerfully encrypted and two way, digital technology of Web T.V. The ability for the elite to communicate and monitor citizens will be in place in this powerful combination of digital computers and television.
6) Bill Gates with McCaw Communications and Boeing are poised to launch 840 low orbit satellites by the year 2001. This will provide the New World Order the ability to monitor and communicate with anyone any where in the world.
7) Artificial human cells are now being made.
8) The H.A.A.R.P military project outside Fairbanks, Alaska using a super computer and the world's most powerful electromagnet are conducting experiments affecting weather, causing earthquakes etc.
II. Diseases/Pestilence/Earthquakes (Revelation 6, Matthew 24):
1) A deadly strep mutation has occurred (dubbed the flesh eating bacteria).
2) Because of global warming, new studies by the World Health Organization reveal that diseases and pestilence spreading at much faster rates.
3) Parasitic diseases are infecting millions of Latin Americans.
4) AIDS epidemic is spreading like wildfire, and now affecting countries who didn't have many cases. Over 22.5 million cases so far world wide, and over 350,000 deaths in America.
5) 1 billion people are constantly hungry or severely malnourished. The US State Dept. revealed that new world trade rules eliminate food reserves. Grain levels are the lowest in 35 years worldwide, but we have hundreds of millions more people to feed (approx. 2 billion more).
6) The World Health Organization warns new infectious diseases are emerging at an "unprecedented rate" and more than 30 new contagious diseases have emerged in the last 20 years.
7) Exotic and more aggressive strains of AIDS are mutating and evading detection of regular testing.
8) Radiation levels are worsening according to NASA. Ozone depletion has been the most rapid in the past 15 years.
9) Unprecedented floods, storms, cold, droughts, and hurricanes, and more on the way.
10) Earthquakes, over 4000 in China and Japan a piece in the past few months. Killer quakes are occurring elsewhere now on a daily basis.
11) Large water shortage is occurring around the world and in the Middle East.
III. One World Economy, Government, Religion (Revelation 13):
1) European Union, (revived Roman empire of Daniel and Revelation) will now be issuing a common currency by January 1, 1999.
2) England fell into liberal leadership who will cause Britain to be absorbed into the EU.
3) A UN sponsored world army to train on US soil from April 17-27, 1997 in Texas and New Mexico. Black helicopters in US cities were recently verified by articles in the Washington Post and Charlotte Observer as part of urban assault training and "counter-terrorism exercises".
4) On March 25, 1997 the EU met in Rome. They decided that they will merge and have a common defense system, and that they need a "prominent personality" to "appoint" to give the EU a single voice in foreign policy.
5) Davos, Switzerland -Wire services reported on January 23,1997 that the "Illuminati" of the world's leaders met to chart a new world order.
6) Gorbachev held second State of the World Forum in San Francisco last Fall to plan a world government with a strong emphasis and reliance on a united religion.
7) World religion summit to meet in the June of 1997 to write a charter to unite all world religions. (California Episcopal Bishop William Swing & Catholic Cardinal Bertollini are leading the way)
8) Meetings of the G-7 nations recently determined that universal biometric cards are necessary for every man, woman and child in the world.
9) Japan planning to institute this system will be issuing permanent 10 digit number to citizens . Singapore has already started. Here at home the State of Illinois is requiring them now for welfare recipients
10) Centralized databases are being integrated and built for control and surveillance of citizens in industrialized nations.
11) Project L.U.C.I.D. utilizes implantable chips monitored by a vast communications systems, and is to be run by federal government agencies.
12) Another world economic meeting to convene in June 1997 in Colorado to help establish a world economy.
13) A recent secret Air Force report at Maxwell A.F.B in Alabama, listed China swallowing up S.E. Asia, a killer asteroid and appearance of a messiah as the three major events predicted to change the world in the near future .
14) New age messiah is being heralded to appear by the year 2000.
IV. Israel (Ezekiel 37 - 38):
1) Now a nation, 50 years, entering into the year of Jubilee (Ezekiel 39:25-29).
2) Prospering - this year was designated an industrialized nation. Amazing that 5 million people could compete with the nations dozens and hundreds of times larger than them.
3) Orthodox Jews are ready to rebuild temple like never before.
4) Red Heifer born miraculously and certified by head rabbis recently and has caught worldwide attention. This is a sign to Jews to rebuild the Temple.
5) Many great archeological finds in Israel.
6) Arabs/Islamic war imminent. Ezek 38:1-6 confederacy with Russia's assistance. According to all of the most respected intelligence agencies.
7) Syria and Egypt ready for war, Damascus will be destroyed. Isaiah 17:1, Daniel 11, King of the South.
8) Prayer on Temple Mount was recently declared o.k. by the Israeli high court and govt.
9) Muslims circulating maps without Israel, and Israel has shown maps without the Mosque.
10) World push for peace with Jerusalem at the center, read Zechariah 12:3 (very much a burdensome stone.)
V. Wars (Revelation 6, Matthew 24):
1) Now more wars than ever around the world.
2) A major US nightmare realized, Russia/China have joined together economically and militarily.
3) Muslim nations are in an arms race.
4) Russia and China are in an arms race with China arming themselves as fast as they can. Russia producing new nukes, submarines and deadly biological/chemical weapons.
5) Muslims have threatened U.S. and are reported by the government to have smuggled chemical/biological weapons into U.S.
6) Former C.I.A. director John Deutch recently warned of a tremendous growth in terrorism.
7) Top Israeli intelligence advisor Avi Lipkin warns of Islamic terror against U.S., Europe and Israel.
8) Christians are the most persecuted group in world (China, Middle East, Africa) primarily by the Communists and Muslims. Recently it was reported by Christian watch dog groups that more Christians have be killed in this century then all centuries combined!!!! (Revelation 6:9-11)
VI. Economic Collapse (Revelation 18):
1) Dow Jones is up & down despite the government's attempts to prop it up with false economic data.
2) Consumer debt is at all time high, and inflation is rampant despite governmental denial.
3) Arab oil embargo is planned against America and Europe and was recently threatened by Iran.
4) Stock prices are running 21-23 times earnings/profits on the U.S. stock market.
5) A crash will be the needed excuse to go to a cash less system (a crash is imminent!).
6) China is taking over Hong Kong to swallow up its hard currency, and seize the world's second most important financial center. This will devastate the world economy.
VII. Heavens (Matthew 24):
1) The Hale-Bopp comet now known to have been here last during flood/building of Noah's ark, according to Jewish and Harvard/Smithsonian authorities.
2) Universe is far vaster than thought disproving the scientific theories of a "Big Bang".
3) N.A.S.A. says the earth is going to be hit by a 1000 per hour meteorite storm in 1998, and in August 1999 it will be 5000 per hour. On Oct 5, 1998 a shower of 1000 shooting stars hourly will also occur.
4) Lunar eclipses this year, 3 in an old Jewish calendar year unprecedented with the moon red, sun black and all on Jewish high holy days. See Joel 2:30-32, all of this is portending the "great and notable day of the Lord."
5) Christian experts are expecting a false sign(s) of life in outer space or alien contact by New Agers and Federal Govt. to prove evolution and explain away the Rapture of the Bride of Christ.
Proverbs 21:1, 2 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
With this, I bow my head and for the first of many times to come, I prayed for Obama as my President. For I am an American by birth, and a Canadian by choice, but a Christian by the grace of God.
President Obama's heart is in the hand of my LORD, and God is still in control.
Even so, come LORD Jesus.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
· I will do more than belong—I will participate.
· I will do more than care—I will help.
· I will do more than believe—I will practice.
· I will do more than pray—I will fast.
· I will do more than dream—I will work.
· I will do more than teach—I will inspire.
· I will do more than earn—I will enrich.
· I will do more than give—I will sacrifice.
· I will do more than live—I will grow.
· I will do more than forgive—I will forget.
· I will do more than be fair—I will be merciful.
· I will do more than be a citizen—I will be a patriot.
· I will do more than be friendly—I will be a friend.
… when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
John Calvin said, "We call predestination God's eternal decree, by which He compacted with Himself what He willed to become of each man. For all are not created in equal condition; rather, eternal life is foreordained for some, eternal damnation for others."
Calvin taught that God will be glorified by bringing billions of people into this world for no other purpose than having them burn in Hell for eternity.
Is this not an attack on the character of God, is it not heresy?
care to answer in a comment???
This picture of some pastors and their wives was taken on January 17, 1995 the last PFF we hosted before resigning to come to Prince George. On Monday and Tuesday of this next week I will be posting a few more pictures for old times.
For comments can anyone name the pastors and their in the photo?? double click on picture to enlarge.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Some of those were men of fine learning. Some of them afterwards reached great distinction as servants of their native State. At the close of the services it became a question among the ministers, 'How shall we advise the new convents as to church connection?'
It was decided to tell them that as Christians they would make a public confession of Christ, and to give them no further advice. The converts were diligent in searching the Scriptures, and every one of the sixty was immersed a Baptist.
This is only one of the many similar cases. Is not the Bible a Baptist book?" George D. Benton
Thursday, January 15, 2009
While reading the book, he came across the phrase “the finished work of Christ.” It struck him with unusual power. “The finished work of Christ.”
“Why does the author use this expression?” he asked himself. “Why not say the atoning or the propitiatory work of Christ?” (You see, he knew all the biblical terms. He just did not know the Saviour!) Then the words “it is finished” flashed into his mind, and he realized afresh that the work of salvation was accomplished.
“If the whole work was finished and the whole debt paid, what is there left for me to do?“ He knew the answer and fell to his knees to receive the Saviour and full forgiveness of sins. That is how J. Hudson Taylor, founder of the China Inland Mission, was saved.
From 'Be Confident' - Hebrews W. Wiersbe p. 108
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Today, I went to the PO and gather the mail, among a couple of bills, O Timothy there was a letter with no return address. In time past I would have tossed it into the recycle bend, but today I opened it.
It opened with ...happy and blessed New Year from the Prince George Healing Rooms ...
I was not aware of 'healing rooms' till last fall. But after a little research and the help of 'google' one can find all kinds of information.
1. HR are a spin off from the ministry of John G. Lake. I have never heard of John, but he was a Canadian who became a missionary to Africa. He was of the vain of Pentecostalism, part of his testimony John speaks of a 'voice' speaking with him.
2. HR take Isaiah 53:5 covers physical healing, "... with his stripes we are healed."
3. HR are ecumenical in practice, here in PG there are 9 churches from many denominations.
4. HR is just another para-church ministry.
What are HR?
They are a centre for people in need of physical, or emotional healing to come and encounter the healing power of God through Jesus Christ.
The HR offer to the individual, ministry which seeks to meet the needs of the whole person.
The same healing is available today that operated when Jesus walked the earth for He is the same yesterday,today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
Now lets us be clear I do believe in divine healing and the power of God to heal. I am just not ready to join up with a para-church ministry of the Pentecostal flavor.
Here is a posting from an earlier Baptist Potluck. January of '07
Greetings from the TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE…
On Monday of this week, Regena and I traveled to
One night visiting at the door of a member of
I asked this gentleman if it was God’s will for Christians to be perfectly whole, why did he wear glasses? Without saying a word, this man looked at Bro. Paul, then at myself and slowly closed the door.
Matthew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
Note that in this case Jesus “healed all that were sick.” He healed “every sickness and every disease among the people” (9:35). However, Jesus may not have always healed all the sick, only those who came and trusted Him. So it is not always God’s will to heal.
God did not remove Paul’s thorn in the flesh (2 Cor. 12:7-10) He did not heal Timothy’s weak stomach (1 Tim. 5:23). He did not heal Trophimus left sick at Miletum (2 Tim 4:20). Sometimes God wants His people to die and go to Heaven. Sometimes they need chastening (1 Cor. 11:30). Sometimes it honors God for His servants to serve Him in weakness, experiencing His grace day by day (2 Cor. 12:9)
As we claim to have New Testament Christianity in its power, we must believe God is able to heal the sick if it be His will. James 5:14-16 gives instructions concerning “the prayer of faith” to heal the sick.So can you be right with God and wear glasses? Yes, you can.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I went to Prince George, and found the latest of people groups living here.
Ever wonder what people groups live in your area? Here is a cool website to learn:
I did a google and found a number of sites, unless I missed it. I have not seen one which rejects what Netanyahu said.
IT'S OUR LAND: BY BENJAMIN NETANYAHU
Apparently, Benjamin Netanyahu gave an interview and was asked about Israel's occupation of Arab lands.
His response was "It's our land". The reporter (CNN or the like) was stunned - read below "It's our land..." It's important information since we don't get fair and accurate reporting from the media and facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events.
"Crash Course on the Arab Israeli Conflict."
Here are overlooked facts in the current Middle East situation.
These were compiled by a Christian university professor –
BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY.... ( It takes just 1.5 minutes to
It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew -- it doesn't matter.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 BCE, Two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be. What will we tell our grandchildren about we did when there was a turning point in Jewish destiny, an opportunity to make a difference?
Tevet 16, 5769, 12 January 09 10:41by Maayana Miskin
The popular American blog Little Green Footballs (LGF), run by Charles Johnson, has uncovered several discrepancies in a video report from Gaza that purports to show the death and burial of a 12-year-old boy. The video was aired on CNN and Channel 4 news in Britain.
The dramatic video shows last-ditch efforts to save the life of young Mahmoud Mashharawi, news anchors said. However, Mahmoud cannot be revived, and the video moves on to show his grieving family and the beginnings of a hasty burial. The video footage was allegedly recorded by none other than Mahmoud's older brother, Ashraf Mashharawi, a freelance photographer in Gaza.
The Mashharawi family claimed that Mahmoud and a 14-year-old cousin were killed by an Israeli drone while playing on their rooftop. Relatives blamed a small guided missile fired by the unmanned drone for the boys' death. Their claim was repeated by news anchors, with a British reporter making the dramatic proclamation that, “Israel, equipped with the most technologically advanced guided missiles and video target selection that America can supply had selected, targeted and killed two more children in Gaza.”
The family did not explain how it was known that a drone was responsible, and no member of the family claimed to have witnessed the attack itself. IDF spokesmen say they are unfamiliar with any such incident.
Johnson began questioning the report soon after it aired. It opens with doctors supposedly making frantic efforts to save the child, but as talkbacks on the LGF site pointed out, the doctors were lightly massaging the child's stomach and not frantically pounding his chest as one might expect.
Other members of the site soon raised similar questions, asking why the boy did not appear to be receiving any transfusions or medication while doctors reportedly tried to save him, why the rooftop on which he was allegedly killed appeared damaged over only a small area and why pictures of the boy showed no injury to his face or head while an accompanying CNN report said he had been “hit in the head and all over his body by shrapnel.”
Click here to see the CNN report.
The site's members quickly began demanding that CNN and Ashraf Mashharawi release the original footage that was edited to become the CNN report. The demands were rebuffed by reporter Paul Martin, who first sent Mashharawi's film to Western media.
After making statements praising Mashharawi as a professional and respected reporter, Martin contacted the LGF site to defend his video. Martin attacked Johnson and LGF for questioning the footage, saying, “No one in their right mind would suggest that any person would allow doctors to play games with a dying or dead younger brother. The idea is bizarre and deeply insulting.... I think a decent apology to Ashraf might be in order.”
However, Martin's letter raised new questions, as he admitted to having sent the video to major media outlets without actually watching it beforehand.
Meanwhile, CNN and other outlets say the video is genuine, a claim they base on Martin's firm support for Mashharawi.
Johnson and his supporters have uncovered major cases of news-related fraud in the past. Little Green Footballs was behind the discovery of photo manipulation regarding a story on an Iranian missile test, and also uncovered several photoshopped images and staged pictures from southern Lebanon during the Second Lebanon War. In addition, the site has been the first to break shocking images from anti-Israel and anti-U.S. rallies from across America.
© Copyright IsraelNationalNews.com
Saturday, January 10, 2009
the love of God shines forth with transcendent brightness in a third point, namely, in THE PERSONS FOR WHOM THIS PLAN IS AVAILABLE, and for whom this gift is given. They are described in these words—"Whosoever believeth in him."
There is in the text a word which has no limit—"God so loved the world"; but then comes in the descriptive limit, which I beg you to notice with care: "He gave his Only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him might not perish." God did not so love the world that any man who does not believe in Christ shall be saved; neither did God so give his Son that any man shall be saved who refuses to believe in him. See how it is put—"God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish."
Here is the compass of the love: while every unbeliever is excluded, every believer is included. "Whosoever believeth in him." Suppose there be a man who has been guilty of all the lusts of the flesh to an infamous degree, suppose that he is so detestable that he is only fit to be treated like a moral leper, and shut up in a separate house for fear he should contaminate those who hear or see him; yet if that man shall believe in Jesus Christ, he shall at once be made clean from his defilement, and shall not perish because of his sin.
And suppose there be another man who, in the pursuit of his selfish motives, has ground down the poor, has robbed his fellow-traders, and has even gone so far as to commit actual crime of which the law has taken cognisance, yet if he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ he shall be led to make restitution, and his sins shall be forgiven him.
I once heard of a preacher addressing a company of men in chains, condemned to die for murder and other crimes. They were such a drove of beasts to all outward appearances that it seemed hopeless to preach to them; yet were I set to be chaplain to such a wretched company I should not hesitate to tell them that "God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
O man, if thou wilt believe in Jesus as the Christ, however horrible thy past sins have been they shall be blotted out; thou shalt be saved from the power of thine evil habits; and thou shalt begin again like a child newborn, with a new and true life, which God shall give thee. "Whosoever believeth in him,"—that takes you in, my aged friend, now lingering within a few tottering steps of the grave.
O grey-headed sinner, if you believe in him, you shall not perish. The text also includes you, dear boy, who have scarcely entered your teens as yet: if you believe in him, you shall not perish.
That takes you in, fair maiden, and gives you hope and joy while yet young. That comprehends all of us, provided we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Neither can all the devils in hell find out any reason why the man that believes in Christ shall be lost, for it is written, "Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." Do they say, "Lord, he has been so long in coming"?
The Lord replies,—"Has he come? Then I will not cast him out for all his delays." But, Lord, he went back after making a profession. "Has he at length come? Then I will not cast him out for all his backsliding."
But, Lord, he was a foul-mouthed blasphemer. "Has he come to me? Then I will not cast him out for all his blasphemies." But, says one, "I take exception to the salvation of this wicked wretch. He has behaved so abominably that in all justice he ought to be sent to hell."
Just so. But if he repents of his sin and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, whoever he may be, he shall not be sent there. He shall be changed in character, so that he shall never perish, but have eternal life.
Now, observe, that this "whosoever" makes a grand sweep; for it encircles all degrees of faith. "Whosoever believeth in him." It may be that he has no full assurance; it may be that he has no assurance at all; but if he has faith, true and childlike, by it he shall be saved.
Though his faith be so little that I must needs put on my spectacles to see it, yet Christ will see it and reward it. His faith is such a tiny grain of mustard seed that I look and look again but hardly discern it, and yet it brings him eternal life, and it is itself a living thing.
The Lord can see within that mustard seed a tree among whose branches the birds of the air shall make their nests.
I faintly trust thy word;
But wilt thou pity me the less?
Be that far from thee, Lord!"
O Lord Jesus, if I cannot take thee up in my arms as Simeon did, I will at least touch thy garment's hem as the poor diseased woman did to whom thy healing virtue flowed.
It is written, "God so loveth the world that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." That means me.
I cannot preach at length to you to-night; but I would preach with strength. Oh that this truth may soak into your souls. Oh you that feel yourselves guilty; and you that feel guilty because you do not feel guilty; you that are broken in heart because your heart will not break; you that feel that you cannot feel; it is to you that I would preach salvation in Christ by faith.
You groan because you cannot groan; but whoever you may be, you are still within the range of this mighty word, that "whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Friday, January 9, 2009
“Did you hear NASA is planning to send cows into orbit to test
the effects of weightlessness on milk production?
It’ll be the herd shot round the world.
Sorry, I know that is udderly awful… ”
I think I’ll moo-ve on quickly.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
|When graphics appear, move cursor over the number (no need to click) to display an explanation of activity.|
This may be one of the most amazing e-mails I've seen. The last number to 'roll over' is 16. Be sure to look and read the numbers and click 'next' to move along.
In 1943 work had begun on 'Harry', the tunnel that allowed 76 men to escape from the German POW camp, 'Stalag III', during World War II.
This was the same tunnel made famous by the movie 'The Great Escape'. The URL below takes you to a site where one of the men, after the War, drew a diagram with explanations of each of the sections.
It's amazing how accurate the movie was, even though it couldn't possibly include all the information involved in this great engineering feat. Hope you find this as interesting as I did.
Now, there is another 'great escape', that is the escape from our sins, and God's wrath. That is through the 'blood of our Lord Jesus Christ', and through Him alone.
Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;
Monday, January 5, 2009
Saved By the Bible
January 1862, was an intensely cold month. I was on our large farm one mile and a half southwest of Hickman Mills, in Jackson County, Missouri.
My husband, James Doneghy, was in the South. I was alone save my six little boys, the oldest 11 years, the youngest, Hanson Weightman, 6 months. We were living very uncomfortably, as an attempt had been made to burn the house by Federal soldiers in October of 1861.
We were among the first in the county to suffer in every way possible. I, however, saved the house till October 22, 1861. In order to pass away the lonely evenings I would read Bible stories to my children from an old family Bible, which was always in its place on a small table near one of the front windows.
One cold night, so cold that the air seemed to snap with electricity, and a brighter moon I never saw – I remember it well – all at once there was a dash and crash on the outside. My window shades were not lowered for the night, and I could see plainly the house was surrounded by Federal cavalry, who had hitched their horses about one hundred yards from the house, walking stealthily, that we might be taken by surprise; guns and bayonets at every window threatening to fire into the house.
I called out not to shoot, that I would open the doors and they could come in. After telling my children not to be alarmed I, with my baby in my arms opened the door, when the house was soon crowded with soldiers in full uniform. O, I see the gleam of their arms today. They were much excited, I may say, enraged, and with drawn revolvers, said they came to burn the house. Imagine yourself surrounded by fifty enraged men, but O! how a child will quell them.
One of the soldiers said: "I will burn this house, and if you want to save anything take it out." My little boy, only 6 years old, who had been hearing all that was said, called at the top of his voice and gathered the Bible in his arms saying: "I will take the Bible; I know my mother does not to lose her family Bible."
That was enough. Silence reigned and the pistols fell to their sides; they were subdued by the power of the Bible presented by the child. After a short while the soldiers left, not a word spoken; they were softened, leaving without any threats.
The Bible has been rebound and willed to the one who saved it. Those Federal soldiers had been told my husband had returned from the South, and their object was to capture him and burn the house. They were enraged in their disappointment, but when my little boy called and asked to take out the Bible, hugging it in his arms; they were speechless for a few minutes and stood as living monuments all in full uniforms. Finally one of the leaders had the courage to say: "Let's go, boys." Not another word was spoken. They left peaceably; a little child led them. There was reverence for that book in their hearts the men conquered.
Taken from "Reminiscences of the Women of Missouri During the Sixties"
I gave out 7 Scripture Memory certificates for 2008.
Emily, Percy, Saul, Regena, Bev, Brenda and Shellan.
Three memorized every portion given, for a total of 108 verse in 2008.
This year(2009) we are working on more to be involved in scripture memory. We are just taking 1 or 2 verses per week, this way we can learn between 52 to 60 verse this year.
Before I get to "What is Life?" by Bro. McClain, I once again thank you for visiting BP, as I watch my counter I see folks visiting from all around the globe. Later today I will be postings pictures from our Sunday at Spruceland Baptist Church.
and now ...
What is Life?
By Dean McClain
This question has fascinated meall of my life. Every living thing and every atom of the universe shows incredible evidence of infinite, intelligence, wisdom and power in every detail.
I asked a retired professor of Philosophyfrom Tehran University, Tehran, Iran and who finished his career at the University of Utah, this question: What is Life? He replied that it would take 2 hours to begin to answer the question. I said, I can answer in eight words. He said: Try! I told him: Life is the Infinite Revealed in the Finite! He said: Very interesting! We must discuss this more one day! All philosophers like endless discussions! "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." 2Timothy 3:7. They are "wise guys" not Wise Men! What is the difference? A Wise Man has A Teachable Spirit and a "wise guy/gal" does not! A wise person learns from everyone, even from wise guys!
But what is Life?Life is mentioned in the Authorized Version of the Holy Bible, commonly called the King James Bible, 409 times. The first occurrence of the word "life" is:
"And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven."Genesis 1:20.
Webster gives this definition: Life, n. Animate existence; the time between life and death; animation, spirit, zest; living beings in general, as plant life, insect life, human life...But life is more than this.
The Concise Bible Dictionary in the Online Bible defines "life" as: Life is that which a created being enjoys in the place in which the Creator has set it. God breathed into man's nostrils 'the breath of life; and man became a living soul.' Genesis 2:7
Sin having come in,this life is forfeited and God claims it, saying: "surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man." Genesis 9:5. This instituted capital punishment for murder, which law has never been rescinded or altered. Taking the life of an unborn human being for any reason is murder and God will take the life of the murderer and his accomplices. If you are guilty of this sin, you should immediately repent and beg His forgiveness.
Scripture recognizesa difference between 'life' in an moral sense and 'existence,' as seen in the passage, "What man is he that desireth life, an loveth many days That he may see good?" Psalm 34:12. Here is a man desiring life, desiring to enjoy life. This answers the objection of those who, wishing to deny eternal punishment, say the 'living forever' is only spoken of the Christian, as in John 6:51, 58. True, but many other scriptures prove that the wicked will have an eternal existence.
Man, in his natural state, is regarded as morally dead in sins, and as needing to be quickened by the power of God; or as living in sins and needing to accept death in order to live in Christ, as in the epistle to the Romans. End of quote.
But what is life?Is there a better definition? I have read the AV Bible for more than 52 years and meditated on it and studied it with the Online Bible available free from www.onlinebible.net, downloads, programs, advanced starter pack, download to desktop, instal, enjoy! I have compared scripture with scripture, word with words, phrase with phrase and this is my conclusion: Life is the Infinite Revealed in the Finite!
Every living thingreveals the Infinite in His intelligence, wisdom and power and ability to do whatever He desires in his creation. The smallest particle in His creation reveals His infinite intelligence, wisdom and power. The smallest living creature to the crowning creation of God, Adam and all his descendants declare His wisdom, power and glory in His creative and sustaining work in the universe.
The Biblealso says: "O remember that my life is wind: mine eye shall no more see good." Job 7:7
"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."1 John 5:11.
IFyou do not have the Son of God and IF He does not have you, you will never see the eternal life He has prepared for them that love Him!
How is the Infinite revealed in the finite?The 'Infinite' is that which cannot be measured. The finite can never become fully Infinite for only God can be without limits of any kind except those required by His nature and character.
We share Infinityin one sense because we are made in the image and likeness of God. He has no beginning but we did. He has no end and neither do we! We will either spend all of eternity with Him or we will spend it in the Lake of fire apart from Him! Choose life, eternal life. "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;..." John 5:26.
"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."1John 5:12.
Evolution is the religioncreated by Satan to deny the truth of the Bible in what it declares concerning the truth of God and His plans for that creation. The teaching that everything came from nothing which is totally impossible and that after billions of years we have a highly organized universe with an amazing ecosystem possessing incredibly interrelated living organisms. The Bible teaches that God did it all in six literal days and defines those days as the evening and the morning so we could understand that they were really were about 24 hours as we understand them today.
Careful analysis of evolutionary languagereveals the use of words such as: we assume, we believe, it seems that, we conclude, and on and on, word that require faith because no one can go back in time except God who was before and outside of time and the universe.
Evolutionists are being dragged kicking and screaming towards intelligent design because of the overwhelming problems being created by true "science " as it studies the infinite problems of infinite wisdom in the creation of all life and the symbiotic relationships between matter and all living creatures.
But intelligent design can never solve the problems presented because they are infinite and not finite.
The Bible is the only Bookin the world that has solved this problem beginning with the words: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1. Not one of these words has ever been proved to be false and in these last days God has given mankind the technology to probe His creation more thoroughly than Darwin or any evolutionist could ever have dreamed possible.
No living creature is incomplete!Every Living organism has all it needs to do whatever it was designed to do. The Bible tells us that we are created to live forever but not in these bodies. It tells us that the earth must die and be raised again from the dead just as we must also die and be raised again either to eternal life or to eternal death in the Lake of Fire. Where do you want to spend eternity?
The most powerful invitationpossible is given in Isaiah 1:18: "Come now and let us reason together saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be red like crimson they shall be as wool." The most intelligent person in the universe wants to have a personal and private conversation with you and He does not need me or anyone else interfering!
How can a man reason with God?It is amazingly simple! Get an authorized Bible commonly called the King James Version, any edition, and open it and begin reading anywhere and when He makes you a promise, claim it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and IF He accuses you of sin, plead guilty because the Lord Jesus Christ has paid the full penalty of all sin on His Cross and you will experience the joy of sins forgiven and you will be cleansed from every stain of sin.
How to live for God:Sin is present with us all the days of our lives but God has a wonderful promise for us in 1 John 1:9: "IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
All real Christiansare part of the family of God and need each other's fellowship to grow in Him. To find a good church in your area and for further help in any way, contact:
International Internet Evangelist
All Seven Continents through Skype.com DeansWorld
No copyright use as God leads