Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Blessed" in order to be a "blessing."



The Christian ambition is to be and do something that will glorify the name of his Lord, and is best illustrated in the world of Paul -

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:20, 21

To be a blessing one must be blessed.


God gave a threefold promise to Abraham … I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.


In 1874, in the city of London, David Livingstone was buried in Westminster Abby. The streets were lined with people, thousands of them seeking to pay respect to the memory of that great pioneer missionary. A poor old man was noticed weeping bitterly. Some one asked him the cause of his grief, to which he replied, “I’ll tell you, Davie and I were born in the same village. We attended the same day school and the same Sunday school We worked at the same loom. But Davie went that way and I went this. Now he is honoured by the nation, and I am neglected, unknown and dishonoured.”


What is your choice today, do you seek God’s blessings, to be blessed of God. So you too, can be a blessings to others, today.


Unfeigned Faith p.34

No comments: