Friday, January 2, 2009

Everyone is a sinner. Christ died for all.


In Isaiah 53:6 we read: "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have

turned every one to his own way: and the Lord hath laid on Him the

iniquity of US ALL." ALL have gone astray. ALL are sinners.

The Lord hath laid on HIM the iniquity of US ALL. This included

everyone. Everyone is a sinner. Christ died for all.


The story is told of a famous English preacher.  He delivered
a message and then rushed to the station to catch a train for
London. A sinner heard the sermon, was convicted of his sin,
and wanted to be saved. He followed the preacher to the train
and after finding him said:
"I want to be saved. I must be saved now. Tell me how!"


The preacher replied, "I must take this train to London.
Do you have a Bible?"

"Yes," replied the man.


"Good, then find Isaiah 53:6. Read it very carefully.
Go in at the first 'all' and come out at the last 'all' and
you will be saved."


The preacher went on the train and the burdened
sinner returned home. "What did the preacher mean
when he said go in at the first 'all' and come
out at the last 'all'? he wondered.


Finding his Bible he turned to Isaiah 53:6 and read these words:

"All we like sheephave gone astray; we have turned every one to

his own way;" He said to himself,"I can certainly agree with that

for I have gone astray and I am a lost sinner."


Then he read the last part of the verse: "And the Lord hath laid
on Him the iniquity of us all.
" He read it over and over again.
"I see it!" he said. "Jesus took my place and paid the
penalty of my sins upon Calvary's Cross. I trust Him
now as my Saviour."
The burden of his sin was lifted and he
was saved because Christ died for all sinners.


This same truth is also found in 1 Timothy 2:5,6: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; WHO GAVE HIMSELF A RANSOM FOR ALL." "All" includes everyone in the world.



--
Bro. Jeff Hallmark
www.sprucelandbaptist.com
http://baptist-potluck.blogspot.com/

Prayer & Support the Troops
Canadian - Israel - US of A

No comments: