Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Follow-up on "Originals Only"

Beware of the "Originals Only" cult


Some have question if I believe that the ‘originals’ were ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’?

The answer is YES, I do believe that the ‘originals’ were ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’.

I also believe that the ‘copies’ of the ‘originals’ were ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’.


The book of Isaiah in which Jesus read from was it the ‘original’ manuscript or was it a 'copy' of the ‘original’ manuscript? -


Luke 4:17-20 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.


I believe it was the ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’, and ‘preserved’ Word of God.



The scripture in which Ethiopian eunuch was reading that day that Philip join him and preached unto him Jesus. Was it the ‘original’ manuscript or was it a 'copy' of the ‘original’ manuscript? -


Acts 8:27 - 35 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.


I believe it was the ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’, and ‘preserved’ Word of God.


The scripture in which Timothy had know from his childhood, was it the ‘original’ manuscript or was it a 'copy' of the ‘original’ manuscript? -


2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.



I believe it was the ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’, and ‘preserved’ Word of God.


The scripture in which my cousin, who was my Sunday School teacher was from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. He walked with me down the Roman’s Road, I saw that I was a sinner in need of a savour. That day September 15, 1963 I put my faith in the LORD Jesus Christ to forgive my sin and be my personal saviour.


I believe it was the ‘perfectly inspired, infallible and inerrant’, and ‘preserved’ Word of God.


No comments: