Wednesday, January 16, 2008

JESUS’ STARTLING CLAIMS


Claims To Be Equal With God:

But Jesus answered them, “My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.”

The Jews knew what He meant, "He made Himself equal with God," they said.

Claims To Be Light Of The World:

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. “

Claims To Be Eternal With God:

Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

This claim of eternity with God was unmistakable. He was either the Son of God or a deceiver. No wonder the Jews "took up stones to cast at Him".

John 5:17; John 8:12; John 8:58

1 comment:

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

As Christians, we take a lot of these claims for granted. In many cultures, and even in the Jewish culture at the time of Christ, these claims were absolutely repulsive. This man was claiming to be equal with their God!!! How dare he.

He is equal, however. And someday they will learn that his claims were not put out light-heartedly. They were the 'God's honest' truth. No pun intended. Okay. I lied. It was intended.