Saturday, September 15, 2007

Everybody ought to know who Jesus is ...

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature”. Mark 16:15

One of the great phenomena of the ages is this-only a small percentage of the worlds population really knows who Jesus is.

Men thoughtlessly take His name in vain a million times a day. He is the greatest personage ever to walk the face of the earth. More books have been printed about Him than about any other character of history.

But who is He . . . do you know? Everybody ought to know who Jesus is . . . and that’s why the following quotations speak for themselves.

He Is The God-Man Sent From Heaven To Reveal The Heart Of God-

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


He Is The Lover Of Your Soul-

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Matt. 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I Tim. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into
the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.


He Is The Personal Saviour From Sin Of All Who Trust In Him-

I Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

He Is The Risen, Living Saviour Who Saves To The Uttermost-

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by
him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

He Is The One Who Will Judge In Righteousness All Those Who Refuse His Salvation-

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Acts 17:30, 31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men
every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the
world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance
unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

He Is The One Who Now Invites You To Receive Him As Your Lord-

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in
thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 6:37 & 47 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I
will in no wise cast out. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath
everlasting life.

John 10:27, 28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.



Acts 13:38,39 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is
preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from
all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.



G O D I S . . .
James W. Crumpton

God is the Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and the Omniscient Creator!

God is a real, knowable Person! Our hearts go out to those who nave not discovered that He is a Wonderful Person - One Whom we can know, One who cares for us, One Who loves and One with Whom we can fellowship.

God is our Heavenly Father! And what a contrast He is to those who picture Him as an angry tyrant desiring to destroy us. All that a good father is to us as human beings is but a mere shadow of His perfection as our father.

God is the Holy Spirit! He is the blessed Person Who convicts us, regenerates us, and lives in us who are the children of God.

God is Light! And should add and in Him is no darkness at all.

God is Love! As we think of His Holiness, Wrath, Justice, and Perfection, we rejoice that He is also Love. He loves sinners and wants to save them.

God is the Giver of every good and perfect gift! He cannot be tempted with sin and He does not tempt us. He test us many, many times. He does us good all the days of our lives.

God is our Lord Jesus Christ, The Saviour of sinners! God came to earth in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and arose again that we could be saved. He is not come to condemn but to save. Our sins had already condemned us. Praise His Name; He came to be condemned, damned, judged in our stead. And that is exactly what happened at Calvary. Repent that you are a sinner, trust His finished work for you, and be saved today. God is our Saviour! God is our Lord Jesus Christ! How wonderful and precious!

No comments: