Monday, July 9, 2007

Missions Thoughts on Monday - July 9, 07



THE LIVING CHRIST --


Dr. W. R. White, one of God’s great Christian statesmen, told of a brilliant Chinese who came to services being conducted by a missionary. The young man asked for a New Testament and was given one. Later he came to confess Christ and gave this stirring testimony:

"I took the New Testament home with me. I sat down on the floor and read it through before I did anything else. I have read the great writing of Confucius. I wanted to satisfy my hungry heart there. I knocked at the door but no answer came, for Confucius was dead. I read the message of Buddhism seeking that for which my soul so profoundly longed. I knocked at the door of Buddha but no answer came, for Buddha was dead.

I read the Koran, my soul longed to find peace there. I knocked at the door but no answer came for Muhammad was dead. I read the writings of the greatest patriots and religious leaders of the past, I knocked but no answer came.

While reading this New Testament, I found that it claimed its author to be alive. I knocked at that door. I found the living Christ. He came into my soul. Here my hungry heart found peace, a peace for which it has longed."

W.A. Criswell, Christ Is Victor – Judson Press




No comments: