Sunday, July 8, 2007

10 Scriptural Convictions Every Christian Should Practice.





What Is A Conviction? A Conviction is a basic Scriptural principle which we purpose to follow, whatever the cost!


1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for my life.
2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"


2. My purpose in life is to seek God with my whole heart and to build my goals around His priorities. Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."


3. My body is the temple of God and must not be defiled by the lusts of the world.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."


4. My church must teach the fundamental truths of the Bible and reinforce these basic convictions. Matthew 7:15-16 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"


5. My children and grand children belong to God, and it is my responsibility to teach them Scriptural principles, Godly character, and basic convictions. Deuteronomy 6:6,7 "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."


6. My activities must never weaken the Scriptural convictions of another Christian. Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."


7. My marriage is a life-long commitment to God and to my spouse. Matthew 19:6 "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."


8. My money is a trust from God and must be earned and managed according to Scriptural principles. Luke 16:11 "If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?"


9. My words must be in harmony with God's Word, especially when reproving and restoring a Christian brother.
Matthew 12:37 "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."


10. My affections must be set on things above, not on things in the earth.
Colossians 3:2 "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."


Adult Bible Class - 07-08-07

No comments: