Tuesday, June 5, 2007

AIN'T




He was just a little boy,
on a week's first day.
He was wandering home from Sunday School,
and dawdling on the way.


He scuffed his shoes into the grass;
he even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod
and blew out all the "filler."


A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
so wisely placed up so high,
Was just another wonder
that caught his eager eye.


A neighbor watched his zig zag course
and hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day
and what was going on.


"I've been to Bible School,"
he said and turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm replying,
"I've learned a lot about God."


"M'm very fine way," the neighbor said,
"for a boy to spend his time."
"If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime."


Quick as a flash the answer came
Nor were his accents faint.
"I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
if you can tell me where God ain't..

No comments: