Friday, February 23, 2007

Mixed emotions ...

In Texas, ‘mixed emotions’ is seeing your ‘mother-in-law’ drive over a cliff in your new F-350 Diesel Dual rear wheeled Ford pick-up truck.

One fellow said that is not true for there are no cliffs in Texas. However, I asked him if he had ever heard of “Oak Cliff”? Enough said.

Why is there ‘mixed emotions’ today in my life.

Well today is my fifty-four birthday. My daughter Leah called this morning to wish me a Happy Birthday. I will no doubt hear from Sara, David and grandchildren today some time.

This morning Regena has treated me like a King, and our plans for going to the Caribou for supper this evening.

Yesterday, I received a call from Andy in Kuwait, Andy told me that it was the 23rd of February there and he wanted to wish me a Happy Birthday.

I am truly blessed of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is where the mixed emotions come in. Today, Andy along with his company will be moving north out of Kuwait and into Baghdad. Andy will be in Iraq for the next year, unless there is a withdraw. So again, I ask for your prayers for our son, Andy.

Thanks so much,

Bro. Jeff Hallmark

No comments: